Hi, I’m Manny and I’m in to AML. I’ve written something about my AML journey here, that’s a good place to start.
Some folks will want a bit more than what’s in there, so here’s a brief summary of the AML side of my life:
- I’m a systems designer, not a compliance professional.
- I’m now a corporate director of a few covered institutions since real estate developers are now covered by AML regulations, but that doesn’t count.
- I have a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist certification from ACAMS. I have four certificates from ACAMS: AML for Fintechs, Risk Assessment, Fighting Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, and Virtual Currency and Blockchain.
- I’ve paneled in a few ACAMS Webinars and conferences and I’ve helped provide some content for ACAMS’s update of its AML for Fintechs certification exam.
- I’m closely affiliated with ATR Asset Management (and its subsidiary, ATRAM Trust Corporation) and I developed and conducted AML training for their corporate directors in 2020.
- I got into crypto AML thanks to RAW Compliance – I was a part of its first masterclass in Mar 2021.
Here’s my LinkedIn if you still need more.